"Cooking isn’t just about the recipe; it’s about the technique, the story, and the experience” - Chef Sherry Pocknett
Bring your friends to the museum and learn Chef Sherry's best culinary secrets in this hands-on cooking series that explores indigenous inspired food ways by seasonality. Enjoy local wine tasting provided by Jonathan Edwards winery, make new friends, and learn something unexpected. Don't wait, space is very limited.
Saturday, Feb. 4 from 11:30 am - 2:00 pm
Roasted rabbit, root vegetables, red wine sauce and Chef Sherry's corn cakes with a wine pairing (gluten-free class)
Learn what is really indigenous from this area and what perhaps is in your own back yard. Join us for the very special class, a lesson in Native American cuisine at its finest.
• Wine Pairing: Jonathan Edwards 2014 Lodi Zinfandel
You will learn:
• The differences between wild and farm raised rabbit
• How to season and sear to prevent dryness
• How to roast root vegetables to perfection
• How to make Chef Sherry's famous corn cakes
Thursday, Feb. 9 from 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm Cancelled due to inclement weather
Chocolate soufflé and oysters
Thursday, Feb. 23 from 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Roasted duck hash with poached eggs and crispy duck skin wafer with a wine pairing
Duck hash made with potatoes, turnips and beets topped with a pouched egg and the very crispy skin made into a wafer. This will be served with garlicky whole green beans. We will ensure you have fun and take the mystery out of cooking duck through hands on step-by-step approach.
• Wine Pairing: Jonathan Edwards 2014 Merlot
You will learn:
• How to select, season, and cook a duck to perfection
• How to debone, cut-up and skin a duck
• The making of the hash
• Poach a perfect egg
• Make skillet green beans
And of course enjoying the love of our labor, to eat, taste and enjoy.
Thursday, Mar. 2 from 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Whole fish with quahog stuffing and lemon anchovy butter with a wine pairing
Let us teach you how to handle a bigger fish. We will be working with a whole fish that has the head and tail on! Learn how to create your own stuffing whether it is shrimp, scallop, and crab or in our case it will be quahogs (hard shell clams).
• Wine Pairing: Jonathan Edwards 2015 Pinot Gris
You will you will learn:
• How to buy fish
• How to store fish
• How to filet a fish
• How to stuff and cook your fish
• Best fish species choices to cook with
Thursday, Mar. 16 from 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Lobster stuffed with lobster mac and cheese with a wine pairing (gluten free by special request and will substitute a gluten-free pasta for those individuals)
Saving the best class for last!!! Pure comfort food that’s worth all the fuss. Chef Sherry loves entertaining at home. If you really want to “Wow” your guests, come to this class.
This remarkable dish has astounding richness and silky texture that melts in your mouth with three cheeses, pasta and all the goodness from inside the lobster.
• Wine Pairing: Jonathan Edwards 2014 Chardonnay
You will learn:
• How to cook a lobster
• How to shuck all the meat from the lobster (not just the tail and claws)
• How to make the ultimate supreme cheese sauce
• How to put everything together and cook to perfection
COST PER CLASS
$65 for museum members
$75 for non-museum members
Purchase tickets by clicking on the red register button.
Wine tasting sponsored by Jonathan Edwards Winery